By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Content Locking

S

Spintax

I'm doing pretty well with my content locked sites, and my giveaways have been pretty successful on their own, but I'm thinking of bumping things up a notch. Have any of you tried combined a giveaway with a locker? Do you think that it'll be too much? What if I made the prize something more valuable? Do you think it would matter?

Rube

Rube

I'm not familiar with the concept of a content locked site. Does it mean that website visitors have to register and pay a fee before they can access your content?

I would be interested to learn how exactly content-locking works and how you make money from it.

I do understand how giveaways work, and would like to know how you can combine a giveaway with a locker.

T

thebrad

Yeh i agree i don't know what a site locker is but all i know is increasing the price would make sure that it would happen like more visitors etc, pleas explain what a content site locked is.

S

Spintax

No worries -- content lockers require your visitor to perform an action before they can access your content. It can be as simple as clicking a "Like" or "Share" button, or Signing up for your newsletter, or even completing a survey. I'm sure you've seen them around -- they've been out there for a while.

Most people that use them, make money by having visitors complete an email submit/quiz/survey in order to obtain some newsletter, or file, or whatever. The webmaster gets paid for each completed submit/quiz/survey by their CPA network. If your advertiser allows incentivized traffic (and many do), this is perfectly legit as long as your prize is acceptable (illegal goods are frowned upon).

I seem to remember that there was some legal "gotcha" that kept me from combining a locker w/a giveaway in the past. But I'm just not able to recall what it was. I was hoping that someone could fill me in.

Canadian Lover

Canadian Lover

I actually dispise CPAs, anbd I would never use them on my site. I figure thqat it would only drive people away, because most people do not want to complete a survey, and most of the time sites that use CPA typically hosts copyright content. I just don't see any legitimite site using CPA.

Viktori

Viktori

I don't see why it wouldn't work. People have answered surveys and signed up for way less than a chance at receiving a giveaway, so personally, I think that it would work. You would still have to find the right people and target them, though, as probably not many would be willing to, even with the opportunity of winning a prize.

Yorozuya

Yorozuya

Content locking can make you some serious money if you know what your audience wants :) Just make sure you select offers that are easy to complete (most CPA companies allow you to choose which offers you want to use for content locking). I think the best CPA company out there is AdworkMedia. They have a great variety of USA offers and monthly payouts.

Viktori

Viktori

Content locking can make you some serious money if you know what your audience wants :) Just make sure you select offers that are easy to complete (most CPA companies allow you to choose which offers you want to use for content locking). I think the best CPA company out there is AdworkMedia. They have a great variety of USA offers and monthly payouts.

I've been looking for CPA recommendations, so thanks for giving your comments on AdworkMedia. I'll be checking them out soon.

I've only ever gotten to try out Sharecash, but a lot of people find their surveys annoying for some reason. I personally have never answered a survey there because they don't offer one for my country, but from the looks of the comments I've been getting, they probably wouldn't be advisable.

What content lock are you planning on using, OP?

Yorozuya

Yorozuya

I've been looking for CPA recommendations, so thanks for giving your comments on AdworkMedia. I'll be checking them out soon.

No problem, here are some others I have tried over the years:
  • AdscendMedia - Great variety of offers
  • Peerfly - High paying USA offers, but very hard to get accepted
There is one more but I forgot their name... Too bad because they accept movie traffic :D I will update my post if I remember, sorry! And if anyone wants to try PPD (pay per download) check out CleanFiles! I personally think they are the best PPD company out there.

Nymph

Nymph

If your offer, survey, or download appears spammy or is flawed in detecting the offer has been completed, or even purposely "shaves" completions off of your total count, a tactic many do, you won't make as much money and the person attempting to get the locked program or item will be more cautious the next time they're faced with a content locker. This is not a good thing, so you'll want to get an offer that converts and something that is scarce but highly sought after. It can be very difficult to find such a program or information, and many find it easier to get into scams to milk people's desperation. I find it's better to find legitimate content to lock, this way your viewers might share your page for others to complete as long as you leave the option for likes and tweets and such.

A

azlan

I guess it probably wouldn't make too much of a difference if the visitor is desperate enough to get access to whatever you're offering, they'll either hit the back button or complete the offer with or without giveaway. No harm in testing it out though.

BigJ

BigJ

If you are offering an incentive that merits filling out a simple CPA offer than you are going to do very well.
Will you be using a free content locker (ex. ulock.it or your own script/pop up/lightbox), one provided by a CPA company or do you have your own content locking program?

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: