By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Does every business need a blog or website?

Beverly

Beverly

From my point of view, a website or blog is essential and the best way of communicating with potential customers. And, it establishes credibility. Potential customers like being able to go somewhere for more information about a product or service before making that initial contact.

So no matter what type of business you have offline/online, you need a blog or website. What are your thoughts on this?

Leon.

Leon.

I agree. If a business has something you can check out or "investigate", it adds another layer of depth to it, in my opinion. It's a must-have.

Ricus

Ricus

It is not exactly needed for a company to run a blog or forum, but it is advised. A blog will always keep the user up to date and a forum or online board will get the users to actually interact and discuss the business. In addition I suggest promoting websites via social networks and for blogs you must implement twitter!

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

Well, there are a lot of companies which earn big and they don't have a blog or a website, but why not have one? Afterall, it does nothing but improving your business.

ashkan

ashkan

Yes all my business had/has websites. The reason being it makes it easier for our customers. They want various options for them to make their lives easier.

If a customer has a question, why should she/he have to email us the question? Our website could have FAQ or support section/live chat for them to talk to a representative.

It is always about the people! If it will make their lives easier then we will do it. If their lives are easier then they will be with us longer.

Shortie861

Shortie861

If you have a business I feel atleast a website explaining who you are what you have to offer and contact details should be enough but if you have time to do more then why not really go for it and make the most of it. I always find that it looks alot more professional for a business if they have something more to offer rather than just basics.

I

isuit21

It really depends what type of website you have. In the case you have a real business and selling various types of products, than a blog is really helpful to keep the customers informed about new updates and products.

N

NeoGills

Probably every business even little business need atleast a blog so it can promote your business everywhere with less effort!
today we're living in era of internet, media and smartphones (with stupid peoples) so every one can easily find what they want by these communication!

E

edwardkingston

In these days, all marketing product create their own sites and blogs, if their budget is small they make their Facebook fan page so everyone can easily know about it & ask whatever they want.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

No, not every website needs a blog, but every website needs visitors and so they had better have good content that makes a visitors time on your site worthwhile. In most cases I'd say a blog can't hurt but they haven't been proven to help either, it depends on the site.

T

tommymaczoidberg

Does every business need a website? I'd say yes. But a blog? No way. If you don't have anything interesting to say, don't bother saying anything. And, sorry to say, a lot of businesses don't have anything interesting to say. If you're going to use a blog for something like new product launches or something, those things are best kept in the "News" section of your website.

If you absolutely feel that you must include a blog with your business website, just make sure you don't overdo it. Post relevant content. Maybe post about personal experiences with using your products.

Z

Zerth

Well, I'd say yes for a website, it just makes the business a lot more professional and you can get further information if you need help. Also it's easy to get their contact information if you ever want to contact them.

Tara

Tara

I don't think every business needs a website. It really depends on the typical customer of the business. If the business caters to seniors, then it might not be necessary. I know plenty of seniors who still use the yellow pages and/or 411 to find local business. There are many savvy senior citizens who use computers so it's helpful to have a web presence.

Jessi

Jessi

If the business caters to seniors, then it might not be necessary. I know plenty of seniors who still use the yellow pages and/or 411 to find local business. There are many savvy senior citizens who use computers so it's helpful to have a web presence.

You're right that the senior citizens might not specifically use the internet for it.

Their children might, though, when they're looking for services for their mom or dad. It might be for a senior citizen, but it's not just the elderly that would be seeking it out.

jpvonline

jpvonline

It depends on the type of business but generally a website makes it much easier for a client/customer find the business they are looking for.
These days 70% of customers/clients use search engines to find what they are looking.
Having a website for your business also gives customers an easier way to order and look through what your business is about. Without it, it would waste time for the business owner and the customer.

memento_mori

memento_mori

It depends on what kind of business it is. In some cases a single-page website can be enough, while in some cases you will need a website, a blog and maybe even a forum for your business.

bauss

bauss

No, definitely not. If you're running a local business, you won't really need a website, because your your customers will be from your area, and you won't need visitors from other parts of the world, unless you plan on expanding your business.

B

bsge11

Website maybe but not a blog, in my opinion. I don't really see many people reading blogs on certain business sites. They are always updated with new content but only a few views.

Nymph

Nymph

The companies who neglect to delve in the business opportunities that come with having a website are usually targeting locals rather than an international audience. Nowadays, the importance of having a website to appeal to the many users online is taught in business courses including those in highschool. Soon, it won't be a question of 'if' a business needs one, it will be a requirement in order to be very successful.

T

thebrad

no but they should having a website allows customers to find numbers, locations and even possibly products they are really handy for things like that.. i personally think every company should have a website but many people disagree as its not always needed.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: