By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Feedback on SEO agency website

Happy Koala

Happy Koala

Hi guys

I could really do with some feedback from some SEO people on my website.

Its a brand new site only 3 months old, and I have ranked it on the first page for SEO agency Birmingham which is the city where I am living in.

However i really need some user feedback on it as user experience is the next important step.

The things that would be helpful to know are

What are your first impressions?
Things you like
Things you don't like
Is there anything you find frustrating or doesn't make sense?
Are you happy with the flow of the website?
Any other issues you spot

I appreciate your help, be as critical as you like - the more critical the better.

The website is www.happykoala.co.uk

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Couple of things i would say ( but please gather other opinions as obviously this is more of a personal opinion over a sweeping statement. )

1. Homepage to wordy, lacks structure. Nothing wrong with lots of content, but it needs strucuturing in a more designed fashion. It just feels like another blog post. I feel it needs a clear CTA and direction to guide me to want to do something.

2. Drop the "join the waiting list" CTA buttons, It kind of says the complete opposite than "we are super busy", to me it says "we'd really like the work, so please contact me and be surprised we can fit you in right away" ( unless you really are at full capacity, in which case gain leads properly and decide what to do with them )

3. Take a good look at your h2, there is alot. Not all headings need to be h2 as it saturates their usage and could look like over optimisation. ( imo )

4. Your making users load 5MB of data on page loads, caching is ok but you really need to reduce those assets.

5. Missing some image alt tags.

I've only looked at the homepage.

Happy Koala

Happy Koala

thanks for your feedback

1. i will take a look and see how i can structure it different to give the words more space. Probably the best option is hide some of the text in accordian style drop downs like how the faq is.

2. the join to waiting list is me trying to give a direction to people - it is a genuine waiting list - but i think i am going to remove most of them as i can see how it comes across as a "join the waiting list but you get accepted straight away"

3. good point i will change some to h3's

4. it is quite a large page - but it is only meant for desktop users hooked up to broadband as most people will be viewing it from a pc - so its not as big of an issue. I have tried to optimise it as much as possible for speed but with videos, gifs and images it is difficult to reduce it any further without removing things.

5. i will look into it

------

a few questions

a. do you think having seo consultants in the header is a bit confusing if you land on the homepage which is seo agency - do you think removing this would be a good idea?

b. do you think i should lead people to an seo audit instead of contact us?

c. if you was looking for an seo agency would you contact us or what would be your reasons for not contacting us?

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
a few questions

a. do you think having seo consultants in the header is a bit confusing if you land on the homepage which is seo agency - do you think removing this would be a good idea?

b. do you think i should lead people to an seo audit instead of contact us?

c. if you was looking for an seo agency would you contact us or what would be your reasons for not contacting us?

a) You should really have a focus on the primary phrases you are targetting, Personally I would have a second page targetting Consultants as you are pitching to a different demographic and reach.

b) Not a fan of this business model myself, if you are confident in your service and system then there is no reason to lead them to a sale'sy capture form offering something like a free audit, which most will know its a basic overview and not a real audit just so you can upsell them. It does work for many companies, it just depends on your model and how you deal with your leads. I perfer a less sale'sy approach and more of a reel them in with direct CTA.

c) Honestly, I'd probably shop around. With your starting rates being pretty average at £xxxx a month, you're putting your self in a bracket with bigger agencies which have a more polished sales machine/website. To me your site currently looks like it's more of individual consultants blog, which offers services, rather than an agency. I think you need to identify what you'd like to be, grow that vision and then expand from there.

Happy Koala

Happy Koala

thanks for the feedback

a. the consultants page is hidden now because i thought it might be confusing to have two menu options one for seo agency and one for seo consultants

b. what kind of CTA do you think would work better?

c. i have tweaked it a little bit so it offers a range of pricing offers and has more space inbetween text so it is easier to read and flows better. I am not sure how to really make it look more professional with the current theme i have. I may have to upgrade to a new theme at some point.

Jennifer Neon

Jennifer Neon

Established Memeber
Hi, @Happy Koala I went through your website it's very good that you have provided a detailed content for your visitors to know about your brand.
But as @Communityhas said the content on the landing is too lengthy. What you can do is you can try to create different pages for the stats which you have shown on your website.

You can create just in some separate domains.

Another thing you need to focus is on your Description and Title. You can try to shorten or make it more relevant and generic.
One more issue which I found was page loading speed may be due to content length or images or anything your page speed according to Ubersuggest's SEO analyzer your desktop performance score is not good.

I found these you can also wait for other community members' feedback.

I would also like to mention that I went through the SEO guide blog. It's really good.
Keep up the good work :)
Thank you :)

Attachments

• Performance.png
    Performance.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 330

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: