By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Forums are the best link builders.

J

james collins

When you say that you write articles and post them in forums are you starting a new thread and posting the article there with links to your site, I cant see a way to post articles in threads already in discussion unless your article actually already provides answers related to the thread could you please clarify this for me as I might give this a try. thanks

James

James

I'd have to disagree, for several reasons.

First of all, most forums are nofollow, making them virtually useless in terms of SEO benefit. Forum signatures are meant to be read (and followed) by humans, not by search engine robots. They used to help with SEO many years ago, but not any more.

Secondly, most forum signature links that are dofollow are relatively useless. We know that not all backlinks are given the same value, and anything that can be easily replicated is sure to be ranked very low in terms of quality.

I've always found the best way to getting quality backlinks is simply to write quality content that people want to share.

S

semaphore.v

Forum posting is really a great off page technique to get quality backlinks and also helpful to improve Knowledge.

CeliVega

CeliVega

Yeah, posting at forums while leaving your links in your signature will get you some traffic from those who click it. That's my way of getting people to my site. But patience is important at the beginning stage. When you are still new at those forums people won't actually put much attention on you. When you gain a reputation as a regular poster or high-profiled poster, that's when the traffic comes in!

trentz

trentz

Yeah, posting at forums while leaving your links in your signature will get you some traffic from those who click it. That's my way of getting people to my site. But patience is important at the beginning stage. When you are still new at those forums people won't actually put much attention on you. When you gain a reputation as a regular poster or high-profiled poster, that's when the traffic comes in!

While this may be true, its however tiring to actually do the process to become reputable in a forum, you have to be active. My way of doing it is to post a tutorial in the forum which may consist of around 1000 words with images to the instructions. This way you get to be approved by the admins especially if they find out its a unique article.

Megaghost

Megaghost

Do you have a general rule when signing up for various different forums and creating threads to promote your webspace? It just seems that many forums would not appreciate this sort of approach. It feels "spammy" to me.
Can you perhaps message me an example of the article you were talking about and how you approach posting everything?

M

mikelouis

I think that it will depend with the forum admin. Some forums do not allow you to post your blog link in your signature. Be sure to confirm with the admin to make sure you do not violate any forum rules.

RjMaan

RjMaan

Yes, in these days, forums are also used for link building plus they can also be used to attract more and more visitors to the site.

syedtutul

syedtutul

I agree with you, Not only link you will get a lot of traffic if your post is attractive.

N

Norsingh7

Most of the forum moderators don't allow links even advertisement as well. How do you cope with it?

syedtutul

syedtutul

I'd have to disagree, for several reasons.

First of all, most forums are nofollow, .
I can give you a list, this list all forum is do follow. and within 30 days you will get all links.

The benefit of the forum post
  • It is an ideal technique for reaching out to a large audience, instantly.
  • If a well-known blogger can host your post, that will make people value your incredibility.
  • Backlinks from big blogs not only increase traffic but also improve google ranking.
  • It is a right way of ensuring that your excellent content writing skills remain intact.
  • It earns you an audience that is not only new but also large. That is without you struggling too much.
  • Since the host is already famous, your popularity will increase too. Consequently, you will raise brand awareness.
  • It is an easy way to earn the trust of online readers. Once you win it, the readers become subscribers and pay for your services.

Last edited:
C

c4cyber

Well, your link is redirect to this forum again. But yes, I agree with you. It gives more awareness to people about the product or website while contributing the community. I think its better than blog commenting as blogs don't approve your links/comments and than you just waste your time posting comments and hoping to get approved.

D

dce

If all the forums you're going on are SEO-related as you try and sell SEO services.

:rolleyes:

Daniel Dixon

Daniel Dixon

A lot of people use blogs for link building. I, on the other hand, use forums.
Forums are THE BEST way to link build and to get your site ranked. Why?
Most forums have a HIGH PR purely because of the content that is produced everyday. If your site is focused on cars, a high PR car forum will get you a super high backlink. Promoting your website in your signature, and making your own threads about your site will rank your site much easier than a blog post.

In 1 month, I posted on 100 high PR forums and ranked no. 1 on google for 3 different keywords, and within the first page for another 5 keywords.

I used the same 2 articles when posting threads, and found forums that best matched my sites content.
It only took me a good 6-8 hours in total to write the articles and to post the threads, but in the end it really paid out!

I did not post on one blog, and focused on only forums. I suggest you try the same and see how your results pan out!

Try researching on google for forums that best match your sites niche/content and then compile a list of 50+ forums. Post on them all and gain high PR backlinks for every thread. Once google picks the articles up you'll rank in the first 10 if you posted a good article.

Good Luck!

Thanks for sharing this above helpful information. It will be helpful to me

Last edited by a moderator:
hilleug61

hilleug61

Exactly, I have recently realised that forum sites help in getting lot of good links (valuable backlinks).

Regards,
Full Stack Web Developer

Last edited:
F

Firebreathz

Established Memeber
But what I find infuriating is the fact I need to post 20 treads to be able to share an amazing affiliate program with you all it just makes people spam the forum

K

kaz

Forum posting and blog commenting is an old school SEO, and still help if you're looking forward to building a massive backlink profile. Two best and the most powerful techniques are Link baiting, and guest blog posting. Both require quite an effort to put together a kick @ss content, but it is fruitful more when shared across the social media.

A

ash1920

I am newbie. I am currently learning. how to leverage forum for improving ranking and web traffic. Your advice is extremely helpful for someone like me.

syedtutul

syedtutul

Everyday visitor comes from Forum in my website

1545848888387.png

K

karoni3

May be not much sure. Basically I am always interested to learn. Thank you!

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: