By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How difficult is it to earn money online?

Status
This topic Is no longer open for further replies. Please take into consideration that the information in this topic could be outdated or no longer relevant.
I

isuit21

In my opinion it is not very difficult to earn money online, as long as you the ability to develop, write, design or even animate. This works just like the real world, since you need some education first before being able to work. What do you think?

N

NeoGills

I don't think so, it doesn't depend on your education, it depend on your mood, do it as a hobby.
you should have to face many problems when you're new to SEO...

E

edwardkingston

Well the micro jobs like article submission, posting and Squidoo lens are the only way to earn online , otherwise PPC and other type of jobs is quite difficult.

ViperDove

ViperDove

It can be difficult to make money online. But you just have to persevere. A fast internet connection will also help a lot and you have to make sure you cover the cost of your internet connection.

Z

Zerth

Well it depends what you are planning to do to make the money. There are different methods, some are hard, and some are easy. The most important things to make money online is time and money. If you don't have time, you won't beable to finish things easily, or if you don't have money, you won't be able to get things which may benefit your journey to earning money. Another useful thing is interest, if you don't have any in anything, whatever you are doing won't be as good compared to someone who had a interest in doing something.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

The potential to make money online is HUGE, it really is, however the likelyhood of making money online is at the same time VERY unlikely, at least not in amounts that will allow you to retire from your day job.

It also gets harder every single day as things that work get shared and duplicated and then duplicated again, and again, and again.

Mokushi

Mokushi

For me, it really depends on how well you can generate ideas. There's a much bigger market for the creative online, and as a writer, this is especially difficult as you always have to be on the cutting edge of new ideas. It's a very challenging process, yes, but it's also a fantastic opportunity to make a bit on the side, and hopefully eventually start earning a living.

trentz

trentz

The fact that it require skills, it sure would make someone needs to learn few tricks. One skills that I could recommend is to learn to create banners using Photoshop or Gimp. I like earnings through making these things and joining some graphic contest.

Samurai

Samurai

It is VERY difficult to earn money online if you don't treat it seriously. Working online is the same kind of business as working offline. You still have to find customers, offer value, keep offering new products and services. If you don't grow, your business won't grow as well. However, once you understand that making money online is all about persistence and providing value, it will get much easier.

zack

zack

It's easy to make money online, the key question is how much? Because you can review search results at Mturk to make ~$2-something an hour. Or you can take surveys and make pennies on the dollar. But if you can find the right opportunity, you could make enough to sustain your household, for example if you work your way up at one of the writer-for-hire places.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the hardest I'd say it's about a 2 to make some money online and about a 13 to earn a living if you've been at it less than 3 years. People still believe the dream that they can launch a site and become rich but the truth is that 95% of websites will not get much traffic, ever, and that their owners will eventually just quit.

S

SonnyNET64

There is one simple equation that can solve your questions mate.
Work + Effort or Dedication - Fees = Money Gain/Loss Online

tweety23

tweety23

Considering that there are a numerous amount of ways to make money online, it really isn't hard at all. It all depends on how much work you put into it and how dedicated you are to make a substantial amount of money online.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

That's just it tweety, it's not hard to make money but trust me it's hard to make a living. $10, $20 or even $100 a month is pretty simple with a little work but $3000.00? You'll have to become popular for that and the majority of sites never become popular.

tweety23

tweety23

That's just it tweety, it's not hard to make money but trust me it's hard to make a living. $10, $20 or even $100 a month is pretty simple with a little work but $3000.00? You'll have to become popular for that and the majority of sites never become popular.

I agree. That's why it is not my goal to try and make a living online. I just do it for the extra cash and save it up until I am ready to use it for something significant.

Jessi

Jessi

Exactly.

It's easy to make money online.

It's not easy to make *a lot of* money online. It's not even easy to make a regular income at all. If you just want to pick up some extra cash, though, then sure, that's easy.

bauss

bauss

It's not that difficult, but it is difficult to make enough money to live off of online, if you don't already have a established website or client list that are interested in services that you can offer. Just like in the real world, you have to learn your job, and be good at it to make money.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Exactly, being an authority is the only really practical way of earning a living online and in some niches even that's not enough. This, of course, is true if you're a content publisher but there are other ways to earn from online sites. If you prove that you are an authority then new doors open and you can become a salaried employee for another company by leveraging your knowledge and experience.

One brick at a time, that's how you build an empire, even if it's no fun to live in until it's completed.

T

tommymaczoidberg

One brick at a time, that's how you build an empire, even if it's no fun to live in until it's completed.

And, that's the thing. So many people getting into this line of work just want a turn-key operation where they put up stuff and it pays immediately. It doesn't work that way.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Agreed. In fact I see that it takes a site years to become fully trusted by Google. You need years to build trust with them but an algorithm can take it away overnight, it's a tough time to be a webmaster right now.

Status
This topic Is no longer open for further replies. Please take into consideration that the information in this topic could be outdated or no longer relevant.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: