By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How to earn money from surveys

Beverly

Beverly

One of my favorite hobbies other than blogging is to take surveys. Most surveys pay from $1.00 to $5.00 with product tests paying up to $15.00 each.

These surveys are from reputable companies and measure public opinion about upcoming products and even movies.

Most surveys last from ten to thirty minutes.

If you fit the right demographic, it's easy to qualify for an online money making survey.

One of my favorite online survey sites is Buzzback surveys.

And, I've reached payout with their site numerous times.

There are many other legitimate online survey sites, not to be confused with get paid to (gpt) sites that are a scam.

Have you done online surveys? Did you make any money?

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

No, but I know some people who earn from this. Maybe I should check them too.

N

NeoGills

Nope, i didn't done any survey.
I'm busy with my website, don't have time for it. sorry

tweety23

tweety23

I've done a few online surveys for money, but I eventually got tired of doing these long surveys for just a few cents or a couple dollars. I'm currently not doing them right now but I don't know if I'll ever be desperate enough to try them out again.

jpvonline

jpvonline

Which sites pay up to $5.00 for a survey?
I used to use GPT sites and get paid up to a buck for them. Never knew you could get them that paid so high.

tmgenterprises

tmgenterprises

I used to make from $50 to $200 per month from paid survey sites. The key is to always be honest, answer as many of the surveys as you can, and to join from 10-30 sites. My highest paid project was an online focus panel that paid $150 for two 30-minute sessions. The larger payout surveys and tests only come after you have proven yourself with the company.

tweety23

tweety23

I used to make from $50 to $200 per month from paid survey sites. The key is to always be honest, answer as many of the surveys as you can, and to join from 10-30 sites. My highest paid project was an online focus panel that paid $150 for two 30-minute sessions. The larger payout surveys and tests only come after you have proven yourself with the company.

I've never heard of making that kind of money from a survey site. That's pretty shocking to me. Though it seems like you have to put in A LOT of time into it in order to make that kind of money. I wish I had the time and patience.

vida_llevares

vida_llevares

Somehow, I am not so into this way of earning money online. It really takes so much focus, time, attention and patience and most of the time, the payout is so small.

tmgenterprises

tmgenterprises

I've never heard of making that kind of money from a survey site. That's pretty shocking to me. Though it seems like you have to put in A LOT of time into it in order to make that kind of money. I wish I had the time and patience.
I did take a while before I got offered higher-paying studies. I would say that I was faithfully doing surveys for probably a year before I was offered that focus group. But even without that, I still made enough money with surveys to pay a bill or two, or take my kids out for a treat once or twice a month.

The key is to be selective, too. I didn't bother with any surveys that wanted me to work 30 minutes to earn a buck. I had a cut-off of $7 per hour and gauged the time it would take. Any site that consistently wanted more time than I was willing to spend (for too little pay), then I would stop working with them. EventuallyI had a core group of companies that paid decently for my time. I also got to test a ton of interesting new products along the way and get paid to do it.

Jessi

Jessi

The key is to be selective, too. I didn't bother with any surveys that wanted me to work 30 minutes to earn a buck.

That's what I ended up doing, too. If I was going to end up making less than minimum wage, then it just wasn't worthwhile.

That also led me to dropping any sites that regularly told me I didn't qualify halfway through a survey and then wasted my initial time. And then I also dropped the sites which didn't give me time estimates, too. I got tired of starting a $3 survey, only to realize a half hour later that I still didn't feel like I was anywhere near the end of it. By then, though, I didn't want to stop the survey either because I'd already invested so much time, so I just kept going. Bleh.

Z

Zerth

Yeah, a few weeks ago, I made 5$ from this survey site, was pretty cool, but boring just doing surveys, but got like 0.80 plus each.

tweety23

tweety23

I did take a while before I got offered higher-paying studies. I would say that I was faithfully doing surveys for probably a year before I was offered that focus group. But even without that, I still made enough money with surveys to pay a bill or two, or take my kids out for a treat once or twice a month.

The key is to be selective, too. I didn't bother with any surveys that wanted me to work 30 minutes to earn a buck. I had a cut-off of $7 per hour and gauged the time it would take. Any site that consistently wanted more time than I was willing to spend (for too little pay), then I would stop working with them. EventuallyI had a core group of companies that paid decently for my time. I also got to test a ton of interesting new products along the way and get paid to do it.

Well, it sounds like you are one of the few people that have had success with using a survey site. Congrats :).

appleannie123

appleannie123

I did try online surveys. I usually get about 90% through the survey and then get kicked off for some reason. So, if you get kicked off 90% through almost every time, it is a waste of time. I did not get paid, because I got kicked off. I only finished maybe 1 survey. I did not make payout. I think for my own sanity, I just gave up trying to make money with surveys.

tweety23

tweety23

I did try online surveys. I usually get about 90% through the survey and then get kicked off for some reason. So, if you get kicked off 90% through almost every time, it is a waste of time. I did not get paid, because I got kicked off. I only finished maybe 1 survey. I did not make payout. I think for my own sanity, I just gave up trying to make money with surveys.

What survey sites have you been using? This has never happened with me.

appleannie123

appleannie123

I used Swagbucks, and other Cash Back Research sites they send you to. I just found that it was a waste of my time. I would spend five minutes or more finding a survey I qualified for and then get more than 50% through and it would kick me off. It became rather distracting.

tweety23

tweety23

I used Swagbucks, and other Cash Back Research sites they send you to. I just found that it was a waste of my time. I would spend five minutes or more finding a survey I qualified for and then get more than 50% through and it would kick me off. It became rather distracting.

Oh yeah, I'm sorry this has happened to me before. Several times actually. It can be pretty frustrating and that is one of the reasons why I stopped doing surveys as well.

I thought you meant that you got kicked off the actual site.

M

moneyman

I haven't been working a lot with survey sites since I find it really boring to complete those long surveys for some cents. In addition, it is really difficult to get accepted in high paying surveys because the requirements are too high. However, I have come across a couple domestic survey sites which offer surveys in a regular basis and pay a reasonable rate.

winnifred

winnifred

I like Mysurveys.com. I got paid $10 for about 4 surveys. They e mail my surveys almost every day, so there is no lack of questions to answer. Their point system is also easy to understand and follow also. I usually pick surveys worth 100 points or more each.

A

ali-jd5

I tried surveys for awhile with sites like Opinion Outpost. It was horrible. I would put 5+ minutes into a survey, then get kicked out. If I was lucky, I'd be able to complete a survey for a few cents. I'll still sometimes do a survey on mturk, but only if it's a reputable poster.

I put the time I was wasting on surveys into blogging. So far I've made about as much (or little), but at least I enjoy it more.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: