By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How to kickstart a new twitter account?

Yorozuya

Yorozuya

I may have mentioned it before but I have a twitter account with like 20k followers. My problem is that about half of them seem to be inactive and I can't seem to get new followers as fast as I used to so I'm thinking on starting a new account in a different niche.
But I don't know how to get my first followers :confused: I got my account with the 20k followers from a friend and when I got it it already had like 1500 followers. Because of that it was easy to get new ones because they kept retweeting my tweets. So I seriously don't know how to start a twitter account from scratch... How do you get your first followers? Do you post with popular tags? Or promise to follow them back? Any tips?

Nymph

Nymph

Depending on your next niche, you might want to try a traditional traffic exchange after loading up your new account with tweets. There are marketers galore there, some of whom may just follow you if you have something of value to offer. You can also look to those you may have added on other social media and suggest they follow you, or follow them and they may follow you back.

For a quick and easy way, you can try holding a contest with a tweet where you post giveaways to random people for following you. Whether or not you live up to your end of the bargain is up to you, but you can easily end up with thousands of followers in a short period of time via this method.

strata12123

strata12123

Just tell your followers in the account with 20k followers to follow your new account. Most of them would be able to follow your new account and then just go from there.

Rube

Rube

Some of active followers of your account will also follow your new account if you tell them about it, and tweet an occasional reminder.

To get genuine followers to a new Twitter account you will first need to have something of interest on it. Do not promote your account until you have posted at least 5 good tweets on it.

Use hashtags in some of your tweets, and also look for people to follow who use similar hashtags in their tweets. If you follow them they are likely to follow you.

If you are not looking for niche followers you can see what's trending on Twitter and look for the most popular hashtags. Joining in twitter discussions and using popular hashtags in relevant tweets will get your new twitter account noticed.

Viktori

Viktori

You can try following people who follow back. The only problem with this is that some of them will unfollow you the next day in hopes that you won't notice and they will therefore seem important because they have more followers against the ratio of how much they themselves follow. There is a site that helps you manage this, I forgot which one though. It's also worth noting that Twitter will cap your ability to follow at 2000 follows until you are able to reach the same amount in followers, so you'll have to be more a little picky and you'll have to maneuver through it a bit by waiting for your number of followers to catch up before adding more.

Yorozuya

Yorozuya

You could always try http://twiends.com which is a free follower exchange.

I know about that site, but I think most of their members are marketers like me who want people to follow them. Well I dont know, it might be a good start :)

Just tell your followers in the account with 20k followers to follow your new account. Most of them would be able to follow your new account and then just go from there.
Why haven't I thought of this before... Some of them may be more interested in my new niche than in the old one, who knows? I'll give it a try!

You can try following people who follow back. The only problem with this is that some of them will unfollow you the next day in hopes that you won't notice and they will therefore seem important because they have more followers against the ratio of how much they themselves follow. There is a site that helps you manage this, I forgot which one though.

I know a site like that, its called ManageFlitter. I'm already using it by the way :)

Codi

Codi

You could try to go in on a giveaway to gain more followers on twitter. Blogs are always posting up new giveaways where you can pay a few dollars to get a "follow on twitter" hook up on their giveaway entry forms (and some will even do it for free). Just search for (free) Blogger / blogging events. However, in the end, it's really up to you to post things that make people want to follow you.

wasi90lk

wasi90lk

You should try to get real followers and not fake ones.

I recommend you to be active in well reputable forums, hopefully you will make some friends and get good followers.

RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

Honestly, I'm kind of old-fashioned, and I would just use hashtags to generate followers, or follow others myself. I once made a Twitter account to market referrals, and by following others and using hashtags, I at least got 200 followers within one day. If you think about it, that would add up to 1400 followers per week. Within a month it'd be a really active Twitter account. I'm sure if I was more intent on doing it, it would have made a lot more! I know there are more effective ways, but it was simple and worked for me!

wasi90lk

wasi90lk

Honestly, I'm kind of old-fashioned, and I would just use hashtags to generate followers, or follow others myself. I once made a Twitter account to market referrals, and by following others and using hashtags, I at least got 200 followers within one day. If you think about it, that would add up to 1400 followers per week. Within a month it'd be a really active Twitter account. I'm sure if I was more intent on doing it, it would have made a lot more! I know there are more effective ways, but it was simple and worked for me!

I think your method is one of the best methods to gain followers. Using your method, a person will get real followers and not fake followers.

I recommend people never to buy Twitter followers from anyone.

Viktori

Viktori

I think your method is one of the best methods to gain followers. Using your method, a person will get real followers and not fake followers.

I agree, the market that type of service creates just makes it too confusing to legitimate businesses, but I do understand that it's just the way it is with almost everything. I'd much rather prefer that all information and statistics were more legitimate, accurate, and trustworthy, because it would make it exponentially easier for me to pay for services if things were like that.

Codi

Codi

I agree. Never underestimate the power of hashtags. Your hashtags will definitely create a larger online presence for you. Also, I wouldn't purchase followers, either. If you absolutely have to get your numbers up for some ludicrous reason, fine, but you want your followers to actually be interested in your content.
Giveaways have worked well for me because I run a giveaway blog, so having a giveaway attracts people interested in entering giveaways, which would also theoretically make them more likely to be genuinely interested in my content.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: