By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

If something were to happen to you...

D

Darthmaul

Do you have any plans about what will happen to your community if something were to happen to you so you could no longer run it?

StevenF50

StevenF50

No, though I will make a topic about this on zingor in the staff room and basically the co-owner will get my position.

N

NeoGills

No, i think it's better to work hard rather to worried about future.

Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

Community Team
No, because I don't think that something so important will happen to me and I won't be able to promote someone to my position. But I know the cell phone of my Co-Administrator so, I will call him and give him some details.

I

iPhonefreak

No I do not. The forum would probably just die if something was to happen.

BruceBanner

BruceBanner

No. I'm still in denial. If something happens to me, my family has printouts of my accounts, agreements, sites, passwords, etc. Knowing them, they'll sell everything just to get rid of it, and go on a shopping spree with the proceeds.

OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Nah, none of my sites are that important. I would just let the domains expire and the sites go dark. For sites that I build for employment purposes, I always create the proper backups and try and document everything as clearly as possible so others can pick up where I left off.

Darth-Apple

Darth-Apple

I think that the best thing to do for smaller forums is simply to leave someone with the FTP details of the site. If something should happen, they will be able to do whatever is needed for the site and would be able to assume control.

With larger forums, it's always good to have a much clearer plan. A forum of 3,000,000+ posts is a pretty substantial asset. :tongue:

bauss

bauss

I haven't thought of that yet. I don't plan on going anywhere. I'm young.

deansaliba

deansaliba

If something happens to me then my sites will simply wither and die as I am a one-man operation. I think this is a good thing as I don't want other people taking over and publishing things that I might not agree with.

CodeMaster

CodeMaster

Community Team
My son would take over my project(s) if something where to happen to me and he'd carry out my instructions from there. I never leave my projects unattened.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: