By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Is it bad to break up a landing page into smaller pages?

Space Monster

Space Monster

At this moment I have a rather text heavy homepage and I was thinking of breaking it up into smaller bites of text with links to relevent pages (i.e. taking my About Me section tuning into a title, small sentence and then a link to the About Me page and doing this for all sections).

Currently my local SEO is quite good, and I'm wondering if I break up the homepage into smaller pages will it have a negative effect on my ranking.

Thanks

Jennifer Neon

Jennifer Neon

Established Memeber
At this moment I have a rather text heavy homepage and I was thinking of breaking it up into smaller bites of text with links to relevent pages (i.e. taking my About Me section tuning into a title, small sentence and then a link to the About Me page and doing this for all sections).

Currently my local SEO is quite good, and I'm wondering if I break up the homepage into smaller pages will it have a negative effect on my ranking.

Thanks

Yes, it makes your page looks less clustered. Also, when users view your page they will be not overwhelmed by the information.

Space Monster

Space Monster

Yes, it makes your page looks less clustered. Also, when users view your page they will be not overwhelmed by the information.
Thanks for your reply.

I understand that it will look better from a design point of view but my main concern is if I take apart the home page and place the current text on other pages, then will that have a detrimental effect on Google ranking?

Currently, the load speed of the page is very fast and images are loaded when they are needed by the browser on scrolling down.

Subhodip

Subhodip

Established Memeber
It is a very fast-paced world today and nobody likes to wait for a slowly loading website. If your website does not come up in the blink of an eye, you are already losing traffic.

To make sure you do not, ensure that your website’s landing page has crisp and structured user-relevant content. This ensures faster page-load, conveying maximum information in minimum time, and a higher trust score for your domain.

Once you achieve these, it gets easier for your website to load. So, to answer your question, no, it is not bad to break the landing page to smaller pages. In fact, it’s a great idea!

Jennifer Neon

Jennifer Neon

Established Memeber
Thanks for your reply.

I understand that it will look better from a design point of view but my main concern is if I take apart the home page and place the current text on other pages, then will that have a detrimental effect on Google ranking?

Currently, the load speed of the page is very fast and images are loaded when they are needed by the browser on scrolling down.

Yes, you might certainly see an impact on your Google ranking. If the current homepage is working (from an SEO perspective), then stick with it. Whatever suits your ranking goals?

pavman123

pavman123

Established Memeber
Yeh 100% you see an impact on bad SEO results. I would not do that to be honest :S

Space Monster

Space Monster

Yes, you might certainly see an impact on your Google ranking. If the current homepage is working (from an SEO perspective), then stick with it. Whatever suits your ranking goals?

Thanks, it certainly is doing well in the ranking, it just feels like a lot of text for the reader to get through, I think that's why my bounce rate is a bit on the high side.

pavman123

pavman123

Established Memeber
Thanks, it certainly is doing well in the ranking, it just feels like a lot of text for the reader to get through, I think that's why my bounce rate is a bit on the high side.

The bounce rate seems to peak when your website takes longer than 2Sec to load, website which take 7/8 seconds have an average of 50% to 60% bounce rate than the ones which take 1/2 seconds to loads.

Websites that load under 2 sec have a bounce rate of around 30%, also depending on content and website structure, which can downplay the bounce rate.

Of course getting a website to loads so quick with ads, javascript, and all other website assets is almost impossible even if you used the best CDN.

Space Monster

Space Monster

There is roughly an eight millisecond load time on the first section, all the animation and text kick in super-fast, the page loads in 1.66 seconds. This excludes images that load as the user scrolls downwards towards them. I use Cloudflare for the CDN cause I'm cheap like :) that

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: