By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Is PTC worth it?

cheesecake3

cheesecake3

It seems like PTC hardly pays at all for your time. You have to view a ton of ads just to get $0.01. I heard you can rent referrals, but who is clicking links if they are hardly worth anything? I also heard it is very easy to lose money renting referrals if they stop clicking.

What do you think? Do you think PTC is worthwhile? Are some networks better than others?

T

tommymaczoidberg

It seems like PTC hardly pays at all for your time. You have to view a ton of ads just to get $0.01. I heard you can rent referrals, but who is clicking links if they are hardly worth anything? I also heard it is very easy to lose money renting referrals if they stop clicking.

What do you think? Do you think PTC is worthwhile? Are some networks better than others?

I've never found PTC to be worth while. I suppose if you spend a lot of time surfing the net anyway, it can add up. Don't PTC ads overlay other ads placed by the owners of various sites? That kinda screws the site owners out of revenue. Not exactly a nice thing to do.

tweety23

tweety23

Sorry, but what is PTC and how can a person make money off of it?

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

paid to click networks of ads, these promise visitors and generate stats but in reality they provide the armpit of traffic quality. You can make money by signing up and clicking on a lot of ads, and I do mean a LOT of ads. Eventually you will find a site that gives you a virus too, PTC networks are attractive places for them to be linked from.

deansaliba

deansaliba

I would say that PTC is not worth your time and there are more productive methods you can be doing to make an income online. The only people who benefit are the owners of these sites in my opinion.

If you had a lot of referrals and they all religiously clicks the ads then, maybe, you just might get something but we are talking thousands of referrals and I just think you should stick to something more productive like article writing or survey filling.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Ugh, survey filling scams are the worse. PTC setups might seem popular but that's because users tend to rave about the service just to get other people to join with their link. I don't see anyone creating blogs and bragging about how they got rich with PTC, at least not any blogs that get much of a following.

Also, don't they have a problem with users who create bots to do the work for them?

bauss

bauss

I used to use PTC sites awhile ago, and they're only worth it if you build up a lot of referrals. I know some people that make about $50/day on PTC sites. It requires a lot of time and effort to get active referrals that will click ads every day, so for that reason I don't think it's worth it, and you can make $50 a day doing something else that won't require as much effort.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: