By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Is spinnning content irrelevant now?

wowtgp

wowtgp

Gone those days when people used to spin an original article and create a lot of different version of it to submit to various places and get some backlinks. As Google has tightened the screws now, these kind of black hat practices has almost stopped. They have managed to put an end to these kind of techniques to gain backlinks.

But, I have seen a lot of article spinning software being advertised in some forums lately. So, I was wondering if it's still rampant? what do you guys think?

mikong

mikong

Yes, there a whole lot of software online that would "spin" your article/s. but frankly, some actually is not that good, with all the grammar and all. It is pretty much better if you will spin the article yourself because in also gives you an advantage. First, you will be able to identify the correct paraphrasing of some sentences. Most especially you will also be able to find new words and that will be added on your vocabulary. So somehow, spinning softwares are no longer needed, but of course if you are really exhausted of just reading and typing and all then feel free to use the software. But be sure to read it before posting, it may sound silly.

P

protoboard

Content spinning can still be relevant right now but as mikong said you are better off spinning your articles yourself instead of using some spinning software. The quality you can get from an automatically spun article isn't very good because most of the times those softwares spin the articles word by word so you end up with an article that can't be read.

wowtgp

wowtgp

Content spinning can still be relevant right now but as mikong said you are better off spinning your articles yourself instead of using some spinning software. The quality you can get from an automatically spun article isn't very good because most of the times those softwares spin the articles word by word so you end up with an article that can't be read.

Yep, spinning is still relevant and of use if you do it yourself rather than depending on an article spinner.

Thanks for your input guys.

Eudora13

Eudora13

However tight Google's scanning is now, articles rewritten smartly can still get past the check. But like the others have said, the softwares freely available online produce utter trash. I haven't tried the ones that need to be bought, and I don't intent to invest in one either. It's better to do the task yourself I feel.

vividlion

vividlion

Honestly If I wanted to save time, I would use a article writer, there are some out there that will write unique content, based on the keywords you provide, and is copyscape certified though software like this does cost a pretty penny around $200+ though I believe the licence duration can be used for more than 3 months so it's for a lengthy amount of time but worth it if you have a high PR blog that rakes in the dough!

MamaToBoys

MamaToBoys

It is not very expensive to pay an article writer. There are content mills that are very affordable. There are also plenty of writers available to do work through Craigslist.

This way the content will add value to the end user and hopefully pass Google's scrutiny.

Tribie

Tribie

Clients don't like spun articles and I honestly never used any spinners. I find it easier just to type everythng myself. I've tried it before at home to see its potential but I didn't find it very intelligent so I never used it on my real work. i am deeply insulted,when clients accuse me of spinning my work. Maybe it does sound spun but if you are given instructions to rewrite everything 5 times with the exact ordering of paragraphs and exact facts it will really sound spun. I'm sorry to say this but some clients can be really unreasonable.

wowtgp

wowtgp

However tight Google's scanning is now, articles rewritten smartly can still get past the check. But like the others have said, the softwares freely available online produce utter trash. I haven't tried the ones that need to be bought, and I don't intent to invest in one either. It's better to do the task yourself I feel.

That's what I am trying to say. Neither of these online of offline spinners works pretty well unless of course if you wanna spend some time editing the spinned version.

OhioTom76

OhioTom76

What's worse, are some of these article spinning tools are so expensive nowadays that you could have easily just paid someone to write real articles from scratch. Plus the time you waste cleaning up spun articles, similarly you could have also just written brand new content yourself.

wowtgp

wowtgp

What's worse, are some of these article spinning tools are so expensive nowadays that you could have easily just paid someone to write real articles from scratch. Plus the time you waste cleaning up spun articles, similarly you could have also just written brand new content yourself.

Yes, they cost a bit too much in my opinion. I fail to comprehend why people are reluctant to pay someone else rather than spending money on these software?

Trista

Trista

It's pretty amazing that the article spinning software is still being sold nowadays as it really has no redeeming value as others have pointed out on this thread. You risk penalties by using such spun content. I imagine that, as is often the case, those who are new to Internet marketing are being taken in by the hype.

Even back in its heyday, I found article spinning software cumbersome and time consuming. I could "spin" the articles myself much more quickly. It was easier, really, to just rewrite articles and/or write new ones from scratch.

bauss

bauss

I've seen some spun content still ranking in Google, but it's only a matter of time before they're taken down. It's best to just stick with quality content. You can't read spun articles properly, and that'll increase your bounce rate.

M

mkcookin

I believe the days of writing an article and submitting it to an article directory like Ezine is not as good anymore. Better time spent, would be to write an article geared toward the audience you are targeting, then find a popular blog and ask them to put it on their site. You will get thousands of eyeballs in front of your article this way, especially if the blog is on page 1 of Google, and that article will have a link going back to your website.

wowtgp

wowtgp

I've seen some spun content still ranking in Google, but it's only a matter of time before they're taken down. It's best to just stick with quality content. You can't read spun articles properly, and that'll increase your bounce rate.

Yep, you are right. It's only a matter of time before they will go down and never rear their ugly head again. Google has tightened the screws lately.

S

Stuti

I honestly do not like the idea of spinning because the writer loses the credibility and the market is so competitive that spinning article is not appreciated. I agree with some posts that state hiring the article is better than spinning articles. I would rather choose that mode....because I want to be known for may unique style and genuineness.

wowtgp

wowtgp

I honestly do not like the idea of spinning because the writer loses the credibility and the market is so competitive that spinning article is not appreciated. I agree with some posts that state hiring the article is better than spinning articles. I would rather choose that mode....because I want to be known for may unique style and genuineness.

Yes, hiring someone to do the job for you is always the better option than having the same content spinned. It's not good for business.

danealegana

danealegana

Not really but you should use it in moderation.
Writing your own unique content together with spun articles is good for me at the moment.
I mean at the moment, you never know when will google strike again with something unpredictably surprising and shocking algorithms.

So, I think its better to write your own or hire someone.

wowtgp

wowtgp

Not really but you should use it in moderation.
Writing your own unique content together with spun articles is good for me at the moment.
I mean at the moment, you never know when will google strike again with something unpredictably surprising and shocking algorithms.

So, I think its better to write your own or hire someone.

Yep, I concur. You never know what Google has in store for you next. So you gotta do what you think is best for you.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: