By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Is the some kind of internet police where we can report sites that don't pay?

Minda

Minda

I know that this isn't exactly a money making post but I'm sure many of us have been scammed at some point while trying to make money online. I would just like to know if anybody can help catch them.

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

No, there is no central or anything like this but there are some sites and forums that collect informations. It's really, really hard to be updated all the time. This is why there are still so many sites able to scam people.

deansaliba

deansaliba

The only thing I have come up with is to put the word around as many forums and sites as possible so that as many people as possible find out about the scammy sites, it isn't perfect, but it is better than nothing. :)

RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

Like others said, there is not really any real "internet police" when it comes to scam sites. There are sites that you can report scam sites to in order to educate others on what to beware of and who to watch out for, but as far as a legitimate internet police, I don't think there are any.

Trista

Trista

Yes, I agree with what's been said here on this thread. The best thing to do is to spread the word. There are a variety of sites, depending on the particular niche.

For instance, there is surveypolice.com for online surveys. There is also ptc-investigation.com which covers many programs from including ptc, surveys, and other cash and reward sites. There is also scam.com -- a forum -- which covers a variety of online ventures.

For more general online business ripoffreport.com would be a good option.

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Yes, I agree with what's been said here on this thread. The best thing to do is to spread the word. There are a variety of sites, depending on the particular niche.

For instance, there is surveypolice.com for online surveys. There is also ptc-investigation.com which covers many programs from including ptc, surveys, and other cash and reward sites. There is also scam.com -- a forum -- which covers a variety of online ventures.

For more general online business ripoffreport.com would be a good option.

ptc-investigation is really good. I can recommend that.

M

MoBowen

I know that when I want to get the scoop on a particular site or program, I ALWAYS do a search for reviews. I look for reviews from bloggers since they seem to give the most details as far as the good, the bad and the ugly. Plus, I like to see reviews from a variety of people. After all, just because something didn't work for one person doesn't mean it's a fail for everybody.

I don't particularly like sites that allow anonymous reviews because it could very well be a persons competitor leaving bad feedback.

caparica007

caparica007

That would be a great idea, I just hope if something like that is created it would work better than the regular police and courts of law.

S

smoothmarketer

This is something I've been wishing for for a long time, but it looks as though no one has the authority to police the internet. When you try to investigate a site before using it, you find so many mixed reviews and this causes even more confusion. People need to be brought to account for the criminal injustices they do on the internet.

C

Cammie27

Negative reviews are probably the best recourse available. While it doesn't get you the money you earned that wasn't paid, it does caution others away from the site which in turn hits the site owners where it counts - in the wallet.

MercyL

MercyL

I know that this isn't exactly a money making post but I'm sure many of us have been scammed at some point while trying to make money online. I would just like to know if anybody can help catch them.
Just about the only things you can do would be post a complaint on Ripoff report or writers' groups that allow or provide blacklists.

IF the amount owed is large enough, ripped off writers could try collecting the debt on their own, but they need to be prepared to take rip off artists to court. This works if you have clients fill out applications or profiles of themselves and their businesses. You would need that information to find property you might need to put liens against and, should the client be so confident to pay for part of your services with a check, you'd need to be prepared to attach a bank account.

Trista

Trista

Negative reviews are probably the best recourse available. While it doesn't get you the money you earned that wasn't paid, it does caution others away from the site which in turn hits the site owners where it counts - in the wallet.

I agree. For now our best recourse may be to speak out. And, conversely, if we want to know if a business is reputable we should be on the lookout for such reviews.

These days businesses of all sizes are affected by negative reviews and feedback, and if they are mindful and attentive enough, they will engage in some form of reputation management. While there are sometimes detractors who may post negative feedback for ulterior motives, a genuine grievance from a customer can have a direct impact on a company's reputation. Repairing a reputation can be a challenge.

caparica007

caparica007

Negative reviews are great to warn others, but I am afraid not many people bother doing them unless they were really harmed or scammed. Besides the negative review the sites should pay a fine or something like that.

Viktori

Viktori

I don't think there is much you could do in terms of getting your money back online, the best you can probably hope for is to give them a bad review on many sites and hope that it helps in warning people and hopefully eventually get them shut down. Prevention is the best when it comes to online ventures, there is really not much law that covers activities on the internet.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: