By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

SEO limitations depending on website platform

D

davidkem1

I'm hoping someone can help?

Is there any reason why my website kembersembers.co.uk which was built by my friend can not easily be worked with for SEO? He created it himself and used a code template to make it faster. I'm hoping you can tell this just by looking at the coding. He knows little about SEO and I know even less so I am in the process of finding a consultant who can help me with the basics: keywords, link building etc.

One SEO who I have met is saying he would like to spend a couple of hours rebuilding the site in Wordpress but I don't see why he can't work with what I have currently and what myself and my friend have spend many hours building and tweaking so it's looking how I want it to visually.

Does using whichever platform my friend has used (again I don't know if you can see this from checking the website code) impose limitations when it comes to an independent SEO being able to make the relevant changes when optimizing?

Any advice you can provide would be super helpful right now. I'm in a proper quandary as it's costly on my budget to be paying someone for 2 hours work to do something I have already had done.

Thanks in advance

David

hilleug61

hilleug61

Can you please share the URL of the site for me to analyse it and let you know what is wrong if any! And you are right with your assessment that - alone SEO can not help you rank high in the google search results.

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Hi David,

This in my opinion is a double edged sword, because it will very much depend on whom you speak to as to what answers you will get.

The straight forward answer is "No" there is not a reason why an SEO couldnt make the current site SEO friendly. But it could be more cost and time effective to use something like wordpress for a site such as yours, to be honest if you had come to me asking advice before building your current site...I would have recommended building on Wordpress from the outset as well.

I would rather work with a client on Wordpress or a well known CMS than I would a basic HTML website or custom script, typically its more time/cost effective for audits, technical SEO and perform everyday tasks, even little things such as sitemap generation and cron based updates is time consuming when its automated in other platforms, because of the wealth of already made plugins on well known CMS's its much quicker and more effective to achieve the desired results from a code and technical seo point of view.

Things will take longer and therefore could be priced up differently or depending on the value of the monthly SEO contract, it may mean spreading the work load over a longer period and so the results come in at a slower pace.

Of course, this all depends on monthly retainer, there is a big difference in scope between SEO contracts that are £150 a month, to those at £500 , £1000, £2000 etc.

Your SEO should be able to explain to you the primary reasons to why he believes wordpress will be better for you.

D

davidkem1

Hi yes its kembers embers. Co. Uk doesn't appear i can post a link at this stage but it's not like I'm advertising

D

davidkem1

Hi David,

This in my opinion is a double edged sword, because it will very much depend on whom you speak to as to what answers you will get.

The straight forward answer is "No" there is not a reason why an SEO couldnt make the current site SEO friendly. But it could be more cost and time effective to use something like wordpress for a site such as yours, to be honest if you had come to me asking advice before building your current site...I would have recommended building on Wordpress from the outset as well.

I would rather work with a client on Wordpress or a well known CMS than I would a basic HTML website or custom script, typically its more time/cost effective for audits, technical SEO and perform everyday tasks, even little things such as sitemap generation and cron based updates is time consuming when its automated in other platforms, because of the wealth of already made plugins on well known CMS's its much quicker and more effective to achieve the desired results from a code and technical seo point of view.

Things will take longer and therefore could be priced up differently or depending on the value of the monthly SEO contract, it may mean spreading the work load over a longer period and so the results come in at a slower pace.

Of course, this all depends on monthly retainer, there is a big difference in scope between SEO contracts that are £150 a month, to those at £500 , £1000, £2000 etc.

Your SEO should be able to explain to you the primary reasons to why he believes wordpress will be better for you.

That's all making more sense now. Really helpful knowledge to have going forward. Much appreciated!

Many thanks
David

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
No worries David, if you need a second opinion on anything just come and post and we'll try and help.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: