By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

What do you recommend, SEO or PPC?

A

Allesandro Smith

I am a newbie in E-commerce, I want to know how to promote my online website. I have read PPC is expensive. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Subhodip

Subhodip

Established Memeber
In the initial stage always I will suggest you SEO. Though it's a long-term process but you will get a good return for sure. After getting a good position you can invest in PPC. Now it's up to you. Let me know if you have any queries.

S

searchfocusseo

It all depends on your budget and if it is something you want to do by yourself.

If you are just starting off, then look at SEO first. Work on your main pages/categories and make sure your website is user friendly and easily accessible to the search engines. One thing that is inexpensive is time.

Ecommerce stores take a lot of time to get right, and a lot of effort to maintain. The rewards are amazing though once you are happy with how it functions. Make sure all your on-page is setup correctly, sort out any crawling errors, and try to make checkout as simple as possible to potential buyers, group together related products, etc.

Once you get a structure you are happy with then look at investing any earnings into PPC. Just test it at first, and do not jump straight into it without doing some research. PPC could end up costing you more than you earn if not setup correctly.

Ecommerce stores can convert from anywhere between 1%-10% depending on the products you sell and yearly trends.

Play it safe. Ask your friends/family what they think, ask them their opinions and if they think the website is easy to use/navigate. That type of feedback is priceless :)

S

Scorebetting

Of course SEO as it's free, until you start adding in your time then i'm sure in most cases PPC can really be worth it. But for most people SEO will do just fine.

avyatechnology

avyatechnology

SEO and PPC both have great benefits. If you want instant results, then go for the PPC but if you want long-term results, then SEO is the best. There is no doubt that SEO is a long-term process and it takes time to show results. Stay updated with the latest SEO trends and techniques. Make your site mobile-friendly, analyze your competitors, speed up your website, optimize your site on-page SEO, etc. I am sure you will get good results.

sandraanderson

sandraanderson

If you want to rank your e-commerce website quickly then PPC is right otherwise SEO is better to rank your website slowly.

A

Avislim

A more detailed flow of the interaction looks like this:

• Customers search for a product or service online. Through SEO or PPC, your company appears in the results. They click to your website and take a brief look around. Then they leave. (They may be doing more research, or maybe a child was crying in the distance. It’s not your fault, and it happens all the time. Some estimate that 70 percent shopping carts are abandoned.)
  • Because these people have become your target audience, next they see a Facebook or LinkedIn ad that reminds them you exist – and that they have a need for your product or service. They click to your website to read more, but they’re not ready to fill out your contact form yet.
  • Thanks to your search marketing ad, website, and social media working together, they’re now in your remarketing program and see your retargeting ad. In fact, your ad is “following” them around the internet. Your product or service is top of mind and maybe it’s time to submit that form or call.;););)

Ramasmith

Ramasmith

Both are good on their side. But, if you need quick result or leads then choose PPC.

V

VaneSSa098

SEO is very slow compared to PPC. It can take months after you optimize your site to start seeing results, whereas PPC will start getting you leads immediately. SEO is an ongoing process. Your site will never be 100% “optimized,” it will only get more and more optimized as you put more work into it.

W

Wilsonjacob45

I am a newbie in E-commerce, I want to know how to promote my online website. I have read PPC is expensive. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance.
Hello Smith,

SEO and PPC are two important important factors of digital marketing. Both are important to promote your business successfully. SEO is a free online marketing method. For PPC you have to spend some amount, but it gives instant results and brand awareness.

B

bavya

If you want website traffic immediately then use ppc otherwise go for SEO

D

Divya165

I will recommend SEO since it provides long-term, natural results, whereas PPC provides immediate results.

M

mayaank

Both SEO and PPC have their strengths and weaknesses. One cannot be considered “better” than the other, just more appropriate for your business. If you’re having trouble implementing SEO due to a lack of expertise, try using a plug-in for your site. In terms of PPC, be sure to read all of the great material Google has to offer on the subject. Though both SEO and PPC take work, they can be a fantastic addition to your marketing strategy.

B

bracknelson

Established Memeber
I recommend you because SEO's organic visibility, which leads to greater website traffic, is a huge benefit. Customer-centric search engine optimization is hyper-targeted. Through relevant search queries, a strong SEO plan will assist distribute your web pages to a relevant audience.

K

KERRYLOPEZ

SEO can help your website gain authority and value by providing consistent results. Even if your website is not optimised for SEO, PPC can provide you with immediate results with a highly targeted audience within a time-sensitive period. SEO is extremely cost-effective and provides a high return on investment.

gchmedia

gchmedia

We use a company called Kelkoo for our PPC Shopping - we save about 20% on clicks as opposed to going directly through google merchant

D

DavidDhawan

Hi @Allesandro Smith.
In My views. Both are important to promote your online business. But SEO and PPC has different impact on your website.
When we talk about PPC . It is a short term method to promote your business on online platforms. Which gives you sale for sometimes. But after end the PPC you did not gain any sales.
On the other hand SEO is the long term process. It little slower but its impact your sale to long terms and also create a band for you. Which help you to future. Its not so costly.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: