By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Writing Articles

Colin

Colin

Established Memeber
Do you do your own writing or pay someone to do it?

My writing is not that great for articles so I am considering paying someone to do it for me.

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Personally my writing, grammar and general creativness is terrible even though I have plenty I could put on paper......it just doesnt happen, so most of our content is written by a freelancer or contractor.

As with everything in business, you are best to allocate tasks that you can not provide top value with to someone else.

Colin

Colin

Established Memeber
"As with everything in business, you are best to allocate tasks that you can not provide top value with to someone else."

Great advice, thank you.

sofacleaningdublin

sofacleaningdublin

I recommend you to write the home page content yourself & to find a great African freelancer. I use an amazing lad that writes top of the range articles for 20 dollars. You can get a 1000 words article for only 20 dollars. I used 4 lads but the other 3 were useless.

Minimum 300 words. Max 5% keyword density. Get articles about what you do, where, what technology, prices, new systems, etc.

Ok

sofacleaningdublin

sofacleaningdublin

You can write 10-20 articles about x product but then you just cant think of anything else.

Colin

Colin

Established Memeber
"find a great African freelancer"

Would they be any good to write great British English articles?

sofacleaningdublin

sofacleaningdublin

They are English speakers man. I use copyscape to check each article and it is all 100% genuine. The man i use is from Kenya, English is is first language. Now i am not saying that all freelancers from Kenya are amazing, but the one i use it is. As i told you, i dealt with 4 writers and i wasnt impressed with 3 of them. The articles were ok but boring.

I could pass you his details and you can take it from there

Subhodip

Subhodip

Established Memeber
See quality content is the most fundamental aspect of SEO. Writing quality content will help market your business. If you are looking for a freelance content writer and quality content - it’s a difficult match.

In case you are looking for quality content then here are a few tips for you –

#Tip 1: Do not copy from any other source. (Check-in Copyscape premium)
#Tip 2: Keep your paragraph short and use proper sub-heads and bullet points.
#Tip 3: Maintain Keyword density and use in the proper place.
#Tip 4: Use proper LSI.
#Tip 5: Use Yoast and aim for higher readability score (higher than 60).
#Tip 6: Link with a useful resource.
#Tip 7: Use Grammarly premium.
#Tip 8: Use proper CTA (Call-to-action) tone.
#Tip 9: Read, edit and proofread.

These are a fundamental thing for writing quality content. Considering that freelance writer can’t maintain those given points and other rules, my personal opinion would be to hire any reputed professional content marketing agency. You can search on Google for “best content writing company,” and you will come across multiple such agencies.

Such a large number of search results may often seem like a hurdle while choosing one. So, I would say that you opt for one that has its say in the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
mollierhodes

mollierhodes

Established Memeber
If you feel your writings are not good you can allocate it to someone who is better in writing experience. You share your topic and ask them to give you demo content, if everything works well you can allocate the writing tasks to some experts.

Jennifer Neon

Jennifer Neon

Established Memeber
Do you do your own writing or pay someone to do it?

My writing is not that great for articles so I am considering paying someone to do it for me.

Writing great content is a skill that has become a necessity in today's marketing scenario. Although here are some tips that I follow personally for writing content:
Keep it simple
Stick to the point
Make it eye-catching (even 1 strong feature image will do)

Are all conventional things which one should follow if he or she wants to become a successful blogger. But some points which I would like to add are:
Make writing a habit
If you want to be a successful blogger then writing should be your habit, not a hobby. Writing will help you reach a level of competency.

having complete knowledge of basics
Writing a blog or any piece of content means one should have complete knowledge of the language in which the content is written. The content should be free of grammatical errors to increase the readability.

Proofreading
As humans, one is bound to make errors, errors such as:
spelling mistakes
commas
and other punctuations
Proofreading can relief you from any such errors. Proofreading is all about reading your article thoroughly for checking correcting errors manually.

Keep it to the point
Writing is a good thing but when it comes to blogging, one should keep articles to the point. This will help the reader to reach a conclusion quickly. Do not fall into the trap of believing that longer articles are always better.
Why use 1000 words when your thoughts can be conveyed in 100 words?

Read, Read and Read
For being a passionate writer you have to be a passionate reader. Reading has many benefits such as:
Enhancing Vocabulary
Staying updated with the latest blog topics
Help you understand other writers writing pattern

Writing Style
Blogs are merely non-living pieces of words, but your writing style can put life into it. Try to build your own writing style, it could be anything from announcement to conversations. Content should keep the reader interested and engaged and that's what writing style is all about.

But still, if you think you are able to express your ideas in the form of characters on a paper or type it out on your computer, you can always take the help of a Content Strategy service.
Thank You and Happy Writing :)

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: