By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Do you buy online?

jjmyles

jjmyles

I do like to shop online. It is so convenient. I even purchase groceries on line and have them delivered. I always make sure I am dealing with a reputable seller and that any items I do purchase from E-Bay can be returned if they do live up to expectation.

P

protoboard

I haven't buy anything from ebay this year. I used to buy a lot there but I always had to buy from sellers outside the US because almost none there ships outside their borders. That's why I don't buy at ebay anymore.

Realism

Realism

I buy a lot online, especially from Amazon. It just isn't convenient most of the time to make the same purchases offline when I can get them cheaper and easier.

D

Drixxy

In most situations, I prefer to purchase online. I'm always provided with a wide variety of products, brands, and styles to choose from. Plus, if I'm unhappy with the selection, another store is just a click away. Being able to shop around provides a deeper comfort level with your purchase, and shopping online takes away the nagging sales person asking if there's anything they can do to help.

Unfortunately, there are many risks associated with purchasing online. You may run into a fraudulent store who simply wants to take your money and run. You may never receive the item purchased, or you may be shipped something entirely different than what was advertised. Maybe it was the wrong shade of blue, the fabric was the wrong type, or the size was misrepresented.

Having your item shipped to your door is very convenient, but there is an unfortunate side to this as well. Damaged goods, stolen packages, and wrong-address deliveries may have you stuck in a position where you can't get a refund.

If you DO get the item exactly as you purchased it, there's the risk that the customer support line is unable to process a refund if you change your mind. As each company's goal is to keep a sale, no matter the cost, they would much rather offer you an exchange before a refund. Products shipped are typically no longer able to be sold as a new item for a variety of reasons, and will have to be sold at a discounted price to the next buyer. Although companies have ways to make up for a return's profit loss, some companies don't even have that word in their vocabularies.

Online shopping is a great service, very convenient, and sometimes cost-saving, but be aware of the dangers and be ready to jump over any obstacles before purchasing online. Be knowledgeable about the company you're purchasing from before sending them a dime.

Seo talks

Seo talks

I love shopping online. I always buy tons of stuff on Ebay. Ebay is my favorite place to buy and sell. I buy on amazon as well and on single websites as well. I got a tattoo kit online lately. I got some phones online and some laptops online. I got some cool clothing online. I got some cool movies and music online. I've bought magazines online, books, and subscription. I've bought tons of stuff online all the time. There is an increase on online buying so do sell online. You do save a lot of money so do buy online whenever you can.

S

smoothmarketer

I buy online but my purchases online account for only about thirty percent of all my purchases. I still like the idea of getting up and actually going shopping. Buying online is quick and easy but the experience of offline shopping is one of those things that I cherish.

davidj212

davidj212

I absolutely love shopping online! My favorite online store's consist of Amazon, Ebay, 6pm Shoes, Walmart, and CCS.com. I shop online atleast five day's out of the week, and I love watching the packages start being delivered. I use to be scared to shop on Ebay, but now every buyer has free buyer protection, so you dont have to worry about being scammed.

cefmac

cefmac

I shop online almost all of the time. Sure, it can be annoying having to wait longer for your item to arrive than if you got it in a shop, and the postage can sometimes be expensive, but I'm really savvy when it comes to buying online and like to shop around for the best deal. This way, it's often still cheaper than buying in shops. Another perk I've found recently is that if I'm earning money online and the money is transferred to my Paypal account, I can spend this money on sites like eBay and it means it doesn't feel like I'm spending "real" money from my bank account. :p

Kristy

Kristy

I probably buy more things online than offline simply because I live in "middle of nowhere WV" and a lot of stores around here don't have the things I'm looking for. I still buy groceries offline though. And most of my clothes I get offline cause I need to try stuff on and I hate the hassle of buying clothes online and then having to send them back if they don't fit right.

XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXx

I do purchase stuff online, thanks to ways of making money online. I tend to use eBay and Amazon for stuff I want to buy. Plus things you buy online can tend to be cheaper than if you bought it in a store. I also like that I don't have to get dressed up to shop online :tongue: Unlike if you go out in public to a store I have to get dressed up, and worry about being judged by people... not fun!

J

John Smithers

I usually end up spending my earnings far too quickly as the temptation of having $1000 in my paypal is too much to just not spend any of it. My only issue is that I end up spending the majority of it and then wonder where all of my hard work just went. If you can, you should make a system where at least 30% of your earnings goes straight into your offline bank account, so that the temptation is removed.

K

kimberwv

Yes, I buy many things online and try to go through mypoints or ebates to earn rewards as well. Getting paid amazon gift cards or through paypal make it very easy to purchase online.

K

klassiter

I have bought quite a few things online. I have purchased a lot of things from Amazon. I have used Amazon to buy books, diapers, baby wipes, etc. The only thing I do not like to purchase from online is clothes. I have ordered clothes online and it is very inconvenient when the clothes do not fit. I find buying things online to be very convenient. Sometimes you don't want to be bothered with lines or crowds in the store. The best thing about shopping online is having your purchases arrive at your door. I love to receive packages in the mail.

F

fancy

Absolutely YES… Generally I am one of those bastards who make nearly 90% of their purchases online. Personally I am an on-budget person...so I always like quick and cheap services when ordering for certain items. However I also make choices on who to purchase from and how to go about it. It is not common to find me purchasing from any online vendor who tries to prove their reputation. I make usually make thorough browsing on the customer testimonies and reviews for any vendor I decide to buy from.

shellyann36

shellyann36

I purchase items through Amazon and a few other sites that I enjoy but most of the time I shop offline for everything. One thing that gets me about shopping online is the shipping costs. Unless you find a good rate on shipping or no shipping costs per X amount of $ spent the shipping costs are way too high for me.

thenextGeek

thenextGeek

Well, my first time buying stuff online is when I bought a comic book for my comic collection. I bought the item on eBay and the transaction went smoothly. However, the prices were humongous especially the shipping fee. I was totally shocked with the price but I couldn't do anything since I really needed that specific item. Anyway, aside from the shipping fee, everything went well. Although I vowed to myself that I won't buy anything after that transaction.

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Well, do you mean buying to resell it or buying for yourself? I buy most stuff online and some of it with the money I make online but most of it is still being paid with my "regular" money.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: