By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Dreamweaver

Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey

Does anyone use Adobe DreamWeaver? If I'm coding something serious like a theme or a template, I would always use it. I don't touch the WYSIWYG though. It's so simple, the amount of times I've forgotten to close tags is unbelievable, but with DreamWeaver, you don't have to worry about that!

If it's a quick job such as a MOD edit, I'd use Notepad++.

Dean

Dean

I have never actually used it for anything and prefer to make all my stuff myself by coding it in notepad :)

Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey

It's totally the same in DreamWeaver though. :p It just makes it easier. For example, one thing that I've already mentioned is that it closes the tags for you. Another is a "snippets" side panel. You can make your own snippets of code and add them in with one click. It makes things so easy for me when I'm using CSS resets. :p

D

Darthmaul

I have never actually used it for anything and prefer to make all my stuff myself by coding it in notepad :)
Dude...hardcore! I at least use Notepad++ because it helps me find where tags might not be closed! :p
It's totally the same in DreamWeaver though. :p It just makes it easier. For example, one thing that I've already mentioned is that it closes the tags for you. Another is a "snippets" side panel. You can make your own snippets of code and add them in with one click. It makes things so easy for me when I'm using CSS resets. :p
Man, now this makes me want to trick out the dreamweaver on our school computers :p

StevenF50

StevenF50

I use dreamweaver when I'm russling up a quick site for someone, as my friend wanted him to make a site about warhammer and the school happens to have the latest version of dreamweaver so I used that to make it for him.

D

Darthmaul

Yeah, our school has the Adobe CS5 Master collection, so I use that as much as possible ;)

Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey

The school I went to was s*it computer-wise. Running on a HP 1 GB Ram, Windows 98 with Microsoft Office 2003 and no Adobe products installed. :p

A

Austin

I like it, however I'm starting to find some better alternatives that aren't as bulky as DW. It's defiantly a good program though ;)

Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey

I like it, however I'm starting to find some better alternatives that aren't as bulky as DW. It's defiantly a good program though ;)
Care to suggest? :) I'm open to anything better than DreamWeaver. :p

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: