By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Where do you source SEO staff from?

L

LoughboroughJames

I'm looking to hire an SEO Exec but the first attempt at advertising on general job boards was a major fail- 10 applicants and none suitable.

Anyone have any ideas where the best places to recruit would be? As a rule we don't use agencies.

Cheers,

James

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Hi James,

It's a tough ask, you will always need to sift through the chaff to get to find someone appropriate if your advertising on Job boards and freelance sites. Doing your research and reaching out to potential candidates is still the best way of getting what you want, I tend recommend against generalised Social platforms such as linkedin because there is still alot of people out there who could sell ice to eskimos but lack real conviction to get the job done.

Are you looking for a freelancer or in house employee ? The latter is probably the exception to the above rule of social related sites with employment inhouse, you are then of course attracting the people that the salary represents.

Freelance wise, it's also dependant on expectations and available budget as to whom would be suitable as more often than not, especially in small business arenas client expectations are often much higher than their budget would allow unless we're talking local reach rather than national and beyond.

L

LoughboroughJames

Hi James,

It's a tough ask, you will always need to sift through the chaff to get to find someone appropriate if your advertising on Job boards and freelance sites. Doing your research and reaching out to potential candidates is still the best way of getting what you want, I tend recommend against generalised Social platforms such as linkedin because there is still alot of people out there who could sell ice to eskimos but lack real conviction to get the job done.

Are you looking for a freelancer or in house employee ? The latter is probably the exception to the above rule of social related sites with employment inhouse, you are then of course attracting the people that the salary represents.

Freelance wise, it's also dependant on expectations and available budget as to whom would be suitable as more often than not, especially in small business arenas client expectations are often much higher than their budget would allow unless we're talking local reach rather than national and beyond.

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply. It's an in-house role we are looking to fill as opposed to a freelancer. I did my homework beforehand in terms of salary compared to the the role and experience required and it's certainly decent enough. I may try LinkedIn job ads next. Cheers, James

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: