By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Who do you let see your profile?

22_22

22_22

Who do you allow to view your profile on social networking sites?

I'm sure you all have it as friend only but who do you allow on your friend list? Family? Friends? Online Friends?

Anyone can see my Twitter, my Facebook is usually for real life people only... With one or two exceptions. :p

How about you?

Shortie861

Shortie861

At the moment I only allow people I am friends with to view my profile on social networking sites apart from the accounts I have for promotional purposes. Those are usually left open for anyone to see. I would never allow random people to see my personal pages without knowing who they are because of images I have on there of my children.

I

isuit21

My twitter profile is viewable by anyone, as I am mainly using it for my website. I am only showing parts of my Google Plus account to my circles though, but all the basic things, such as the posts, are posted to the public.

Dean!

Dean!

Awesome
On twitter it is publicly viable as that is what I use for the "online world", Facebook however is a different thing altogether. 99% of my Facebook friends are from real life and I only show my profile to people I am friends with, I don't accept random friend requests and have the thing basically "locked down". I have bad experiences from people in the web world adding me on Facebook lol.

N

NeoGills

I allow all my neighbors, relatives, classmates some strangers :D
about 80% of my friends are real and my police is restricted too.

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

Only friends can see my basic info. But, also, i've divided my friends into several groups, so they see different wall posts.

Some basic info, like name and profile photo are visible to anyone.

Jimmy

Jimmy

SEOTalk Guru
Who do you allow to view your profile on social networking sites?

I'm sure you all have it as friend only but who do you allow on your friend list? Family? Friends? Online Friends?

Anyone can see my Twitter, my Facebook is usually for real life people only... With one or two exceptions. :p

How about you?
I have the same policy on facebook, the only two exceptions are close internet friends :)

u.Creator

u.Creator

Facebook is my personal, friends and family only. Twitter I use for advertising as well as friends and family. I personally enjoy the options to share with who I want and when I want, even some of my family on facebook don't have access to everything I post.

E

edwardkingston

In Facebook, it's just personal only friends , family and colleagues see my post, info and videos
We Twitter is for public, every one can see my tweet can follow me etc :)

vida_llevares

vida_llevares

I have a professional profile and a personal profile. For my professional account, I just have it viewed by everybody since this account is geared towards marketing purpose.

Jessi

Jessi

I have a separate Facebook for my websites. Those I keep public.

That being said, a very limited amount of my family knows I even do things online, so for the most part, my family isn't going to be connected at all. It's mostly friends and strangers who like my sites.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Like Jessi I keep what I do online to myself for the most part. My closest family members know I work online and the names of some of my sites but I don't go into detail about anything unless they ask, and they don't ask often.

I find that sharing your work at home is generally best done when someone asks because if you always talk about work people get tired of hearing it.

Jessi

Jessi

because if you always talk about work people get tired of hearing it.

Not only that, but they often don't understand it at all. It can be really frustrating for me to try to explain what I do to someone who isn't internet savvy or rarely gets online for something other than Facebook. They just don't get it and they dismiss the work I do, which can be annoying.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

Hah, that reminded me of when my sister asked "what's a Google" a long time ago. I tried to explain search engines and some other basic stuff to her back then and she didn't get it. Today that's common stuff but when it was new... it may as well have been alien to them.

I don't imagine trying to teach her php or sql would go over very well today either :)

memento_mori

memento_mori

I actually have 2 personal Facebook accounts that I barely ever use. One is for my family and friends, and one is only for online friends, I don't really like mixing the 2.

Tara

Tara

My Twitter profile is public. My profile on Linked in is public too although I think you have to join LinkedIn to see most of it. I keep my personal profile on Facebook private. Only my friends and family can see it and not much is listed there anyway. I do have a Facebook fan page which is public.

Kristy

Kristy

I use twitter to post links to freebies, articles from my blog, and stuff like that so anyone can see it or follow me. I have a facebook page for my blog but my personal profile is mostly public but some of it is friends only and I actually have some friends and family on a "restricted list" so they can't even see my friends only stuff.

sardonicone

sardonicone

I've had a lot of issues in the past with individuals trying to stalk me.

Needless to say I use the highest privacy settings on my social networking sites outside of Youtube,

Chynamp

Chynamp

For my personal accounts, I have my privacy settings set really high. People who are not my friends cannot see my profile. I don't use my personal accounts all that much these days anyway, but I don't like just anyone to be able to see my information, pictures, and posts.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: