By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Who do you let see your profile?

R

rage35

Who do you allow to view your profile on social networking sites?

I'm sure you all have it as friend only but who do you allow on your friend list? Family? Friends? Online Friends?

Anyone can see my Twitter, my Facebook is usually for real life people only... With one or two exceptions. :p

How about you?

I can only allow my real life friends, online friends, and relatives to view my profile. Those people that I don't know cannot view my profile. I don't want to publicize my profile to numerous members of Facebook. I need some privacy even if it is online that's why I only allow those people on my list.

caparica007

caparica007

I have spent on my security permissions of FB possibly 5 minutes if that much. Up to 2 months ago anyone could see the whole of my FB profile, but the wife started complaining "anyone can see the kids pictures" and I blocked the content to friends only. Now that I think of it, I think it's for the best, we never know what kind of people is around collecting photos and information...

I

iridescent

For my Facebook, most of the people that can view my posts are my friends and family. Pinterest and Twitter are for the "onliverse" (high five for my new word), so everyone can basically see them.

ozadin

ozadin

I'm really careful when I do anything online, so my personal Facebook account is kept private, and I even hid some things that my friends couldn't see. However, my public Facebook account which I don't really care about doesn't have anything disabled. Anyone can view my profile, and I really have nothing to hide since I don't show my face, and I just upload some profile pictures, and some occasional posts.

skybluesam1

skybluesam1

I also hide my Facebook account with the privacy setting for the simple reason that I do not like the thought of someone out there checking through all of my likes, dislikes and personal details without me knowing! I also find and have heard that employers now can check your Facebook account and will not employ you if they do not like what they see! Therefore, for the distant future, mine will remain... PRIVATE!

D

donaldplozha

Everyone can see my Facebook profile and send me a friend request, but only friends I confirm can see my photos, posts and everything else. I don't really use any other social network. :)

wasi90lk

wasi90lk

Only my friends can see what I am doing on Facebook. My Facebook privacy level is very high.

I also do not post any of my pictures on Facebook, because of security reason.

N

Nixon Marcion

My Facebook profile is only available to those in my friends list. It is not really safe to have your account open to anyone only for the sake of business. I use my personal Facebook account to inspire others and encourage them especially in the Lord.

Oakster

Oakster

I allow everyone in my friends list to view my profile on Facebook, with the exception of a few people I added because of a couple of games there.
Those people are on a separate list where they can't see anything.

Brad

Brad

Administrator
I prefer to keep my personal information within people I know, so, I usually keep it all private, except to my friends and family etc.

davidj212

davidj212

When it come's to my social networking privacy, I only allow for friends, and friends of friends, to be able to view my profile and see my information. I'm very overprotective when it come's to my personal privacy, and that's why I do not allow everyone, such as the general public, to be able to view my information. That is another reason why I enjoy using Facebook rather than Twitter, because you have more options when it come's to privacy.

OniBlackMage

OniBlackMage

I let my Twitter stay public, though I am very careful what I say on share on there. My Facebook has a wall that is open to Acquaintances and up, though nearly all details otherwise are either Just Me or Close Friends (3 people I really trust).

My Twitter is mostly for fun and socializing, but I do use my Facebook for professional appearances.

CodeMaster

CodeMaster

Community Team
I let almost anyone see my profile, it's good for when I do online marketing and advertising.

Y

yellena

Anyone can see my profile on Twitter but there's not much going on there at the moment I'm afraid so it's not providing much of a view for anyone. Facebook is a whole different story - sometimes there's too much going on but still, I'm not into restricting access to anyone who might know me or express a desire to know me - as long as they're friends with some of my friends. And my circle of friends is not limited to the people I actually know in the real life because the point of social networking should be broadening your actual circle of friends, right?

Nymph

Nymph

I keep both a personal and several business Facebook accounts, each with different settings. On my personal account, I keep important, identifying information private with some open to the public for any future friends or family who join the network to easily find and know that it is me. On my business accounts, however, I usually leave things at their defaults, or make a setting more public if it seems to be inhibiting my progress in terms of likes, discussions on fan pages, etc.

RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

I keep my privacy settings pretty strict. I used to allow people to see other's posts on my wall, or posts that I was tagged in, but now I keep everything private aside from some pictures. I let people see a lot of my pictures, and I also let them see basic info, but I don't let them see my daily updates and things of that nature. You would be surprised how many people are watching you! It's kind of creepy! My blogs are private as well, aside from one weight loss one I own.

K

kimberwv

Mine is private. I do have around 560 friends. Am I close to that many people? No way. I also have students and former students on there. I don't post anything that I would say or do in the classroom or out in public. I don't private message or post on their walls ever. It has it's pro's and con's. I can learn a lot by allowing them on my page and having access to theirs.

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

I don't use any social media anymore. All the people I wanna talk with are in my messenger. Don't know why people give up their privacy so easily.

cefmac

cefmac

I'm the same as you OP - my Facebook is only visible to friends and has the highest possible privacy settings, but my Twitter is public. I use Facebook for staying in touch with people and sharing my achievements, whereas on Twitter, my posts are much more random and I often using my account for publicising things I've written.

S

smoothmarketer

My Twitter is for all, and so is my LinkedIn. But I'm more careful with Facebook. My personal account is only open to friends and family, but my business account is for public viewing because friends and family can't give me the business I need.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: