By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Wordpress Vs Blogger

Status
This topic Is no longer open for further replies. Please take into consideration that the information in this topic could be outdated or no longer relevant.
Nymph

Nymph

Blogger severely lacks in flexibility and to a greater degree, functionality, while Wordpress might lack in the "networking" aspect between other Wordpress users, not that this is so much of a disadvantage. The plugins and features of Wordpress are so plentiful that you can easily turn your website into more than a blog, or something else altogether if you wanted to. I find blogger is more suited for personal blogging, and rarely anyone blogs for this purpose anymore. Unless you are planning to reach out to the network of people using Blogger, I see no value in it as it actually limits what you can do.

J

jacktheking

Wordpress, it have better plugin, theme and ACP.
I use google because it is easy to use and easy to understand.

fltdude

fltdude

Wordpress for sure for many reasons. Wordpress can be self-hosted if you choose to do so, no spam content, looks far more professional than Blogger, provides SEO plugins and generates your own views unlike Blogger that uses Google for that matter.

OniBlackMage

OniBlackMage

I like Wordpress because with it I was able to manage my CSS templates for my custom look and feel a little bit easier than other sites. It understands its customer needs a little more in the amount of tools it allows you, even at a free level. For even the casual user, it is very easy to get started and running with a professional look even with no in-depth technical knowledge or experience. I recommend for all newbies.

b.williams127

b.williams127

I think Wordpress has to beat all other blogging platforms. I think that Wordpress has the best editors and the most themes and plugins. I find Wordpress amazing for blogging and article websites as there is so many themes which makes it so flexible.

P

protoboard

Wordpress is very flexible. It's highly customizable and there are lots of themes and plugins available for almost any thing you can imagine. Ever since I knew of Wordpress I haven't used Blogger a single day in my life.

ozadin

ozadin

Wordpress. There are more themes available, plugins, and it's overall easier to use compared to Blogger. With Blogger, you have to edit HTML codes to add sections, and there are not that many plugins or themes.

danealegana

danealegana

If you are pitting blogger against wordpress.com, then blogger it is. More customizable and you can put ads.

But if you are comparing blogger to the wordpress script, then theres no doubt that I would host my own blog using wordpress script. Full customizations with a lot of surprising features and plugins that come up from time to time. Definitely your best bet. :)

Trista

Trista

Blogger was quite a valuable resource in its early days, say around 10 years ago or so before WordPress came into existence. It was easy to set up a blog and you had the option of having it hosted for free. For those who were starting out and/or who had blogs built around their interests and passions it was ideal. You could focus on writing your blog and not have to worry about the technical details.

But those days are long over. WordPress has long since eclipsed Blogger and its usefulness. With a self-hosted WordPress blog you have far more options, as many others have pointed out on this thread. The ease of use of WordPress increases with each new update. For those who are just starting out, WordPress is user friendly and the learning curve is not very steep. Even the WordPress.com hosted blogs are far superior to Blogger.

FPForum

FPForum

Drop Catching Expert
Established Memeber
My vote has to go with Wordpress. The amount of plugins, themes and just overall support from searching online makes them my favorite..It also makes things much most customizable!

RjMaan

RjMaan

My vote is towards wordpress because it has an easy to use interface and i am using for more than 2 years.

J

JohnyPaul

Blogger, Because we can use google analytics with that and blogger makes a fast backlink.

hilleug61

hilleug61

Which one is your favourite and why?
Without any doubt - Wordpress!
Blogger /Blogspot hardly has any domain authority and it is pretty hard to make these blogs on Blogger feature in the Google Search Results. Wordpress also supports many extensions and plugin which enhances the admin's experience.

Last edited:
EthanR

EthanR

Blogger is Famous because it does not create bounce rate and you get dofollow backlink.
As per my experience my blog is getting greater views than a wordpress blog

EthanR

EthanR

I think WordPress is best than blogger. As it has many features than a blogger.

hilleug61

hilleug61

I think WordPress is best than blogger. As it has many features than a blogger.
Exactly!
Ownership, Control, Appearance (User Interface), Portability, Security, Support, Future, you name it! In every aspect, you will find that Wordpress beat Blogger!

Bradwell

Bradwell

I prefer WordPress over Blogspot or any other CDN, The reason is simple WordPress is quite simple and has some advantages over SEO of Blog

EthanR

EthanR

Blogger is best for custom website creation as compared to WordPress. Blogger has lots of features for creating dynamic websites

B

Bobxogn

Of course Wordpress! Simple, many plugins and themes. In addition, you use Wordpress on your hosting and have access to it, unlike Blogger. And besides, Wordpress makes it easier to switch to another platform if you want, and Blogger will not allow this.

Status
This topic Is no longer open for further replies. Please take into consideration that the information in this topic could be outdated or no longer relevant.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: